One of the biggest rules to follow is keeping your tanks clean. A tank can actually be a home for bacteria which is extremely harmful. The bacteria can cause anything from the common cold to pneumonia. So be sure to clean your tanks regularly.
If you tend to use your vaporizer every day, it is a good idea to clean it properly at least 2 to 3 times a week. There are several ways in which you can clean your tanks. However, be sure to know the suggestions by the manufacturer of the tank that you choose to use.
Taking apart the tank
Remove the tank from the battery module to begin. Look at the tank carefully. Even disposable tanks can be taken apart and cleaned.
1) Drain any excess eLiquid from the tank. Simply unscrew either the top or if it is a bottom loaded tank, then remove the bottom. Pour the remaining juice onto a paper towel for proper disposal.
2) Fill a bowl or coffee cup with water and heat in the microwave. Heat for approximately 1 to 2 minutes. Making the water steam is essential, it helps to kill off bacteria.
3) Insert the parts for the tank and allow to soak for up to 5 minutes.
4) Remove parts carefully then rinse with warm water. Set onto a paper towel to allow the parts to dry.
While the parts are drying be sure to replace the wick if necessary. Use a cotton swab with rubbing alcohol to clean the connectors for the battery and let this dry. Some don’t realize just how much gunk can get built up on the battery to keep it from working properly. You should clean with a cotton swab often to keep the battery working properly.
Once all of the parts to the tank are dry, simply put back together, then fill with fresh eLiquid.
With certain eLiquids you may need to use a little harsher cleaner to remove residue from the internal part of the tank or to rid the tank of old flavors. It is best not to use soaps or harsh cleaners that you may use around your home. This can cause a toxic situation.
Reach for Vodka. That’s right, Vodka. This alcohol is safe, but cleans very well on vaping tanks. Depending on the level of cleaning that needs to be done you may want to consider warming up the Vodka in the microwave. Follow these steps when using Vodka to clean your tanks.
1) Remove the tank from the battery.
2) Remove any remaining vaping juice from the tank.
3) Take the tank apart.
4) In a small bowl or coffee cup put some Vodka in the item. Heat the Vodka in the microwave for approximately 1 minute.
5) Place items in the bowl or cup let sit for about 5 minutes.
6) Drain items, rinse with warm water.
7) Place items onto a paper towel to dry.
8) Put tank back together once dry.
By keeping your unit clean, not only will you be safer from bacteria while vaping, your unit will run well too. Happy Vaping!